Embed FactoryTalk Viewpoint

I have a customer who has a handful of legacy PanelviewMEs that support VNC connections. I'm able to run a VNC Viewer on the Gateway to view these apps, however I need the clients to be able to view them too. Each client has a VNC viewer installed and shortcuts to each Panelview IP.

I was hoping I could launch the VNC Viewer shortcuts, but I don't think that possible with Perspective. I tried using an iFrame to the Panelview's ViewPoint url, but it only returns a hyperlink to TightVnc.com.

Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Not directly, because browsers aren't VNC clients. You could maybe embed an iframe that itself hosts a web-compatible VNC client, if such a thing exists. Or you could navigate to a deeplink, requiring that each client computer has registered a protocol handler for VNC links - as in, navigate to tightvnc://some-vnc-address instead of http://. I have no idea what, if any, VNC clients you can install that will also register as protocol handlers with the OS, and, again, the installation is "out of band" with Ignition/Perspective. You'll have to do this yourself, separately.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure every time this comes up the answer is eventually "use Apache Guacamole"

2 Likes

Thanks. Guess I'll be learning docker this weekend!

Docker isn't required, that's just one option for deploying it.