Embedded views - output params

I have an embedded view (in Perspective) I use very often for displaying values of a tag (or anything really for that matter). It has a bunch of function that I don't want to have to replicate everywhere, which is why I use an embedded view. I want that embedded view, that displays the value, to also pass the value back to the calling view for further needs.

I accomplished this by setting a property in params to be an output property and using a change script to populate the output. This works as intended as shown here.

My question is if there is a better way to populate that output? Seems very inefficient to load the script wrapper to do this, but I'm not sure. I have noted using scripting in property transforms seems to slow things down.

Any other ideas I'm missing? Can't do bidirectional binding as the primary binding is used to read the tag value. Params don't do bindings (at least they didn't use to). I just tried one. It didn't show the paperclip, but it did act like it did the binding and is seeming to work. Is this a new feature (or did I miss this in the docs)?

May have just fixed this myself... :slight_smile:

Much appreciated...

Input params do not allow for bindings, but either of the outgoing param options allow bindings.

Thank you. I don't know why I didn't know this... :slight_smile:

1 Like