Equipment Schedule refresh help

I’m having trouble refreshing the Equipment Schedule component via scripting. I currently have the Scheduled Items dataset bound to a SQL query, with the polling mode set to absolute and a relatively long time period (normally a couple minutes, for testing I set it to 30 seconds or so).

I’m trying to add event resizing features to the component, and I have the scripting figured out for updating the underlying SQL table, but the event will snap back to the old size until the component refreshes on it’s internal timer. I tried doing a system.db.refresh on the component dataset, but I’m getting an error. Not sure how to proceed.

Here’s the code I have in the onEventResized event:

#Setup an update query to modify the load time range
	db = 'postgres'
	query = "UPDATE tiny_loads SET load_timerange = tstzrange(?::timestamptz,?::timestamptz) WHERE id = ?::integer;"
	newStartDateObject = system.date.parse(newStartDate)
	newStartDate = system.date.format(newStartDateObject,"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssX")
	newEndDateObject = system.date.parse(newEndDate)
	newEndDate = system.date.format(newEndDateObject,"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssX")
	args = [newStartDate, newEndDate, eventId]
	system.db.runPrepUpdate(query, args, db)
	system.db.refresh(self,"Scheduled Events")

And here’s the error it’s spitting out:

18:45:08.147 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.EquipmentScheduleView - system.db.refresh() was unable to find a refresh-compatible property binding on Equipment Schedule.Scheduled Events

Any thoughts?

You need to use the scripting name of the property. In this case, scheduledEvents.

system.db.refresh(self,"scheduledEvents")

Check out the table in the manual: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Equipment+Schedule

I haven’t read through the rest of your code, but this should at least fix that error.

Thanks! I now have proof my decision to go home for the night was the right one. I was looking at that exact page, but never saw the entry. :sweat_smile:

1 Like