ERROR(500): Error executing function 'RunQuery': The current user does not have the required roles for this operation

Hi I get an error when I try to see the data from my db on runtime, but it works in the designer, this is the error.

ERROR(500): Error executing function 'RunQuery': The current user does not have the required roles for this operation.
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.GatewayFunctionException: The current user does not have the required roles for this operation.

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:408)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

3 Likes

Do you have security set on this table? Are you logged in as the same user in the runtime client?

1 Like

I dont have security on the table, I reinstalled ignition and I get the error again. The user is default “admin” “password”.

1 Like

As of Ignition 7.9.4 there’s a new set of client scoped permissions that prevent even authenticated clients, by default, from changing anything on the gateway.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC79/Project+Properties#ProjectProperties-ClientPermissions

8 Likes

And the tl;dr here is that security is turned on by default for new projects.

3 Likes

Thanks, I turned on all the permissions and it works.

1 Like

Just to be more clear: In Designer Version 8, choose Project | Project Properties. Once open choose Permissions under Vision then check the box that says Legacy Databases.

5 Likes

Just to clarify things a bit further for everyone…

https://inductiveuniversity.com/video/client-permissions/7.9

This video explains client permissions which are disabled by default after version 7.9.4. Checking the box ‘Legacy Database Access’ allows client database access outside of named queries and transaction groups. You should try to only use named queries and transaction groups where possible for security reasons.

The biggest confusion is the videos aren’t made for version 8.0 in my opinion.