Error adding device in OPC-UA server

Hello,

I’ve been using your OPC-UA server and ignition to teach myself how to build HMI’s. As such, I’ve been adding addressses as I go along, however, when I tried to add a new address this morning, I get the error simpleorm.utils.SException$Error: More than one record in result set (3) [SQuery [SRecM DeviceRecord]]. This is using the ignition gateway, and the modbus module. Could you please help me determine why the device isn’t adding the new address?

What version of Ignition do you currently have? This error has appeared from time to time but I’ve never been able to reproduce it.

Restarting your gateway may fix the issue; if not, call into support and we can take a look.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]What version of Ignition do you currently have? This error has appeared from time to time but I’ve never been able to reproduce it.

Restarting your gateway may fix the issue; if not, call into support and we can take a look.[/quote]

I’m showing 7.2.7 (b170) on the overview map page

a restart didn’t help…I can still view the tags and stuff through the designer, just not put any new addresses, it seems?

also, here’s the portion of the log with the full error:

simpleorm.utils.SException$Error: More than one record in result set (3) [SQuery [SRecM DeviceRecord]] at simpleorm.sessionjdbc.SSessionJdbc.queryOnlyRecord(SSessionJdbc.java:508) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.server.devices.DeviceManagerImpl.removeDevice(DeviceManagerImpl.java:257) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.server.devices.DeviceManagerImpl.modifyDevice(DeviceManagerImpl.java:281) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.gateway.config.devices.ConfigurationUIPage.saveProperties(ConfigurationUIPage.java:77) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.modbus.meta.config.ui.ModbusConfigurationUI.handleOnSubmit(ModbusConfigurationUI.java:437) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.modbus.meta.config.ui.ModbusConfigurationUI.access$000(ModbusConfigurationUI.java:62) at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.modbus.meta.config.ui.ModbusConfigurationUI$1.onSubmit(ModbusConfigurationUI.java:95) at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1536) at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:925) at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:887) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:182) at org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:73) at org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:92) at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1250) at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329) at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1428) at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545) at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:479) at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Yeah… call into support and they should be able to fix it via some internal DB voodoo.

Alternatively, you can export your defined addresses so far to CSV, create a new device, and import them. But I think the problem with saving/deleting that particular device instance will persist until you get in touch with support.

On the plus side, I haven’t yet seen this behavior in 7.3… it may be fixed.