Error Browsing OPC

Hi,

I install a Bekhoff OPC server to collect the data form there PLC. I could browse the server to get the tag a couple of time but most of the time I got an “Error OPC Browsing”.
The version of Ignition install on the server is 7.6.4. The issue may be due to the fact that the server run on xp with a old version of JAVA and Internet Explorer.

Here is the log file that I got.

Time: Tue Dec 10 6:50:06AM
Severity: ERROR
Logger: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.AbstractOPCTreeNode
Stack Trace: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException:
Results for asynchronous rpc call were not received within the specified amount of time [120000 ms] for task ‘16441596-2e32-4fbe-8532-bdb03975edc7’
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:313)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:283)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invokeWithTimeout(GatewayInterface.java:807)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.browseOPC(GatewayInterface.java:811)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.OPCFolderNode.loadChildren(OPCFolderNode.java:52)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.tree.AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode$Loader.run(AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode.java:75)
    at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown
Source)
    at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown
Source)
    at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown
Source)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown
Source)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)
    at
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Results for asynchronous rpc call were not received within the specified amount of time [120000 ms] for task ‘16441596-2e32-4fbe-8532-bdb03975edc7’
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.progress.ClientProgressManager$RunningTask.waitForResult(ClientProgressManager.java:486)
    at
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:268)
    …
10 more

Stack Trace: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:313)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:283)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invokeWithTimeout(GatewayInterface.java:807)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.browseOPC(GatewayInterface.java:811)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.OPCFolderNode.loadChildren(OPCFolderNode.java:52)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.tree.AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode$Loader.run(AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode.java:75)
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards,

It looks to me like your OPC Server isn’t responding within the 120 second time limit. Is this an OPCDA server that you are trying to get connected to? Is it a remote connection or a local connection?