Error_Configuration on all of my CompactLogix program tags

Last night, I created a test HMI for my CompactLogix connected directly to my laptop. Everything was working great, so I saved the project in Designer before I went to bed, then tried starting it up this morning. All my tags had errors. I checked that the Ignition OPC UA Server has a green checkmark and “Connected” is displayed. I noticed the program tags don’t show up under the PLC, even though system tags seem to be available. I poked around a little to figure out what is wrong, but I’m not having any luck and I’m just wasting time trying to figure it out on my own. I’m signed in and the time is renewed… it says the OPC server is connected… what am I doing wrong?

If you go into the gateway and edit/save the device connection to that PLC without making any changes (just forcing a reconnect) and then look in the logs, are there any errors? Is that device showing as connected (not the OPC UA connection)?

I opened it up again tonight and this time it started. It’s still a bit foreign to me, so I don’t know why I had the issue. I don’t even know where to look for the logs yet. I just try to learn something new every night.

Tonight I’m tackling the learning curve for installing a MySQL database and connecting it to Ignition. (I’m using Ignition Edge to make a machine HMI) I’m a visual learner, so it’s great when I stumble across a good instructional video on YouTube that shows what I see and explains the reasons for the choices. I’m working through one right now. I’m sure I’ll be back.

We have a full video training course available for free at https://inductiveuniversity.com/

Yeah, I’ll be going there. But I need to know specifically about downloading a free database choice, like MySQL- Community. There is a learning curve in just downloading the right components for what I’ll need, which is specific to MySQL and Ignition. I see there are videos for once you have it installed.

I think there’s more than that. Look at the supplemental videos here: Installing MySQL - Connecting to Databases

Yes, that was helpful. Thanks!