ERROR in com.inductiveautomation.logging.SQLiteAppender[DB] - problem appending event org.sqlite.SQLiteException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (no such table: LOGGING_EVENT)

I’m trying to clean up a project I have inherited. I’ve upgraded it from 7.8 and installed on a new server (Windows Server 2022) which was a bit of a mission but I think I’m there now. I have this error in the wrapperlog

ERROR in com.inductiveautomation.logging.SQLiteAppender[DB] - problem appending event org.sqlite.SQLiteException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (no such table: LOGGING_EVENT)

It is obviously ignition trying to log an event every second to an SQlite DB, but the project doesn’t have a SQLite connection configured.

All the project connections are MySQL, do I need to configure ignition to log the events using MySQL connection, if so, where is that done?

Or, do I need to add a SQLite connection, if so, what name and settings do I need to give it?

1 Like

This looks to be being caused by an issue with the logs/system_logs.idb SQLite database (used for presenting logs in the gateway web interface), which has this set of tables (case doesn’t matter):

I’d probably recommend trying to shutdown the gateway, moving that system_logs.idb to system_logs.idb.old, and starting back up. It should re-create that logging DB on startup with the proper tables. Perhaps something strange happened there during the upgrade–might be worth sending the .old version into support with more details on specifically which version you upgraded from (i.e. 7.8.5, etc) in the event there is an actual bug here that could be mitigated.

1 Like

That was it, thanks, I deleted the logs as I wanted to start fresh, my mistake was not to stop the gateway first, the file re-created straight away so I assumed it was fine. I stopped the gateway and deleted it agian and now it’s working correctly.

1 Like