Error installing security token

I am trying to connect to my ignition server with a python opcua application. I have the ignition up and running and i can connect to it with my prosys opc ua client but when i try connecting to it with my python code i get a time out error. When i check my ignition log i can see the attempt to connect from my python code. I though all i would need to do is accept the quarantined certificate but there is none.

Any suggestions?

Can you copy and paste the full text of that stack trace?

I think it’s probably saying that your client is trying to connect without security to an endpoint that requires security.

org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.UaException: no matching endpoint found: transportProfile=TCP_UASC_UABINARY, endpointUrl=opc.tcp://10.122.220.204:62541, securityPolicy=None, securityMode=None

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.server.transport.uasc.UascServerAsymmetricHandler.lambda$openSecureChannel$3(UascServerAsymmetricHandler.java:407)

at java.base/java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.server.transport.uasc.UascServerAsymmetricHandler.openSecureChannel(UascServerAsymmetricHandler.java:397)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.server.transport.uasc.UascServerAsymmetricHandler.lambda$sendOpenSecureChannelResponse$1(UascServerAsymmetricHandler.java:301)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.channel.SerializationQueue.lambda$encode$0(SerializationQueue.java:57)

at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.core.util.ExecutionQueue$Task.run(ExecutionQueue.java:119)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Okay, it’s what I suggested. By default Ignition’s OPC UA server only accepts secured connections at opc.tcp://10.122.220.204:62541. Unsecured discovery services can be found running at opc.tcp://10.122.220.204:62541/discovery.

Some clients are defective and can’t handle this kind of setup. If that’s the case here, you change the configuration of Ignition’s server to allow None,Basic256Sha256 for its security policies (and restart) then this client will probably be able to connect.

I tried changing ignition to none but then i get a fault on the ignitiion opc server

UaException: status=Bad_ConfigurationError, message=no matching endpoints found
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ClientManager.initializeObject(ClientManager.kt:118)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.opcua.client.ClientManager$initializeObject$1.invokeSuspend(ClientManager.kt)
at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)
at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:56)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If you changed it to just None then the connection faulted because it’s configured to connect with security.

Change it to None,Basic256Sha256 as I suggested.

This is how i configured it

You should be editing the server settings under OPC UA > Server Settings, not editing your client connection to the local server.

Ok … gotcha … i see where i went wrong.

thanks
it is working now.

1 Like