Error Launching Project Or Designer

I keep getting this error when I try to launch a project or launch the designer. The error is “Bad Installation. Error invoking Java VM (SysExec) C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe” The title of the error dialog box is “Java™ Web Start 1.6.0_22”. I used to be able to uninstall Ignition and uninstall Java and then reinstall them both - Java first, and then it would work but now it’s to the point where even this doesn’t do anything. Help is appreciated.

Basically, Java isn’t installed correctly. Maybe there were some artifacts left by your uninstall/reinstall, but one way or another the java web start system can find the runtime environment.

Check Control Panel>Java>Java Runtime Environment Settings (under the java tab). Do you see the correct path to your JRE installation?

Also check your system “path” (Right click “computer/my computer”, select properties. Go to advanced, then “environment variables”.) Is the JRE direct located somewhere on there?

Either of these could affect how java gets located, and there may be other things to look into. Searching for that error in Google produced a number of suggestions.

Regards,

You can use JavaRa to wipe Java off a machine and start over. Works well.
http://raproducts.org/wordpress/

What I had to do was set the Java executables to “Run as Administrator” (Windows 7). Now I get the annoying “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer” message but the Java errors went away. The strange thing is after I uninstalled and re-installed typically everything would work fine for a day maybe two then I would start getting the Java Web-Start error above. The “Run as Administrator” trick has worked though.