Error loading project - Project Inheritance

Hello everyone,

For a project, I wanted to set up a project inheritance based on this video:
https://inductiveuniversity.com/videos/project-inheritance/8.0/8.0

I have two projects and both of them are on the same gateway, I made one inheritable and entered its name as the parent for the other project. However, by doing this, I can no longer load the project from designer:

This is the error detail:

IllegalArgumentException: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.resource.ResourceNamingException: Cannot add child 'com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/Framework/Main Breakpoint' to parent 'com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/framework'
	caused by ResourceNamingException: Cannot add child 'com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/Framework/Main Breakpoint' to parent 'com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/framework'

Ignition v8.1.7 (b2021060314)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.11

Could not find the answer as to why this happened, so I would appreciate it if you could help me to find the answer.
Thank you!

Is the framework folder name capitalized in one project and not the other?

ResourceNamingException: Cannot add child
com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/Framework/Main Breakpoint’ to parent
com.inductiveautomation.perspective/views/framework

2 Likes

I have so many folders that are in parent project but not in the child project. Is this an issue?

I don’t think so; it’s normal for parent project to have folders that are not in child project–the parent ones show greyed in child project.

The capitalization difference there caught my attention as a possible cause of the resource naming exception. I suspect it doesn’t view those two names as identical, but can’t create another folder with the same name regardless of capitalization difference.

1 Like

I just changed that “framework” to “Framework” and it actually worked!!! Thank you very much @witman

1 Like