Error: Server Error - java.lang.Exception: Unable to add data to memory buffer, buffer full

On the Store and forward page I get this: Error: Server Error
In the log:
java.lang.Exception: Unable to add data to memory buffer, buffer full.

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.MemoryStore.insertInBuffer(MemoryStore.java:174)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.MemoryStore.syncdStoreData(MemoryStore.java:77)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.storeData(AbstractStore.java:223)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.MultiStageStore.syncdStoreData(MultiStageStore.java:144)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.stores.AbstractStore.storeData(AbstractStore.java:223)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.DefaultStoreAndForwardEngine.storeData(DefaultStoreAndForwardEngine.java:144)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.history.HistoryManagerImpl.storeHistory(HistoryManagerImpl.java:196)

at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.HistoryActorFactory$DelayedEvaluationContainer.process(HistoryActorFactory.java:882)

at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.actor.HistoryActorFactory$DelayedEvaluationContainer.run(HistoryActorFactory.java:843)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 Like

Seems pretty clear to me. Your quarantine has run out of space. Look at the Store and Forward system’s status page and look at what’s in quarantine.

I think that is were it just shows the error: “Error: Server Error”
I can look at the configuration page but I don’t see any other status.

I turned off the “tags.execution.actors.history” logger and now that message is gone/hidden.
I now see that there is another error when looking at the Store and Forward page:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
Receiver class com.mysql.jdbc.Connection does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method abstract getSchema()Ljava/lang/String; of interface java.sql.Connection

I’m guessing you’re using a MySQL server. If you recently upgraded Ignition, you’ll need to update the MySQL driver; follow the upgrade steps outlined in this KBA: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/125/0/connection-errors-when-configuring-mysql-80-database-in-ignition

No upgrade but I am using MySQL 5.7.26.0. Is that not compatible with Ignition 8.0.2?

That would be fine with a new Ignition system, but if your gateway backup is old, it’s possible your embedded JDBC driver is too far out of date - it’s still worth attempting the update.

Following the guide did seem to help some but I don’t see how to Reinitialize the database connection and store and forward page did show something but now is stuck loading.

Just edit the DB connection that’s stuck loading, then save changes (even though you didn’t make any). That should restart the connection if there’s some issue.

If that’s still not working, then I would encourage you to contact support - this might be past what can really be troubleshooted via the forums.

1 Like