Error trying to save and publish project

I’m getting the below error when trying to save my project…

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Is there anything I can do? I’ve already exported my project. I’ve restarted the gateway a couple times as well, but I presume it’s the Designer memory that’s the issue?

If that error is in the Designer’s console, then yes, designer memory is the problem. Give it more.

Do you have any very intensive operations running? Say a python script that selects all the rows of a database table into a dataset, and the table is very big? I haven’t had the run out of Java Heap Space error when saving designer, but I’ve run into it in general and where a python script is holding onto a very large usually dataset object.

That's the one. I assume there's no way to fix it at this stage, I have to close and reopen the designer? I've already increased memory allocation

Hope you didn’t wait–yes, you have to restart the designer.

I was asleep, haha. It was 3am here when I posted my last reply, having woken up during the night. I left my laptop running just in case there was some magical answer, but sounds like there’ll be no magic today.
Actually, I’ll try opening another designer and copying the windows I’ve changed across.

Cheers

Edit: is there a way to see what the heap memory is? And why didn’t the whole designer just crash?

Look at the diagnostics pages in the designer.

Memory is only at 200MB, but Designer Memory in the gateway settings was set to 2GB originally (have increased now to 4GB)

Take a close look at your launcher shortcuts–you can override memory settings there and I suspect you did.