Error updating features for module: modbusdriver2

Keep seeing the above message during startup of the gateway.

Only noticed this because I seem to be having issues with one of my deployments loosing connectivity after a period of time that is only resolved by rebooting the gateway. If this log entry is unrelated, I will continue my troubleshooting.

The body of the error message is as follows:

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: user lacks privilege or object not found: PUBLIC.MODBUSRTUDRIVERSETTINGS
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.hsql.DelegatingDataSource$DelegatingConnection$DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingDataSource.java:392)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.DatasourceDBInterface.runUpdateQuery(DatasourceDBInterface.java:220)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.LocalDBManagerImpl$SingleConnectionDBInterface.runUpdateQuery(LocalDBManagerImpl.java:526)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.DDLSchemaFeature.apply(DDLSchemaFeature.java:25)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.LocalDBManagerImpl.updateSchema(LocalDBManagerImpl.java:264)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.localdb.LocalDBManagerImpl.updateSchema(LocalDBManagerImpl.java:233)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.modbus2.ModuleHook.applySchemaHacks(ModuleHook.java:120)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.modbus2.ModuleHook.serviceReady(ModuleHook.java:93)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.services.ModuleServicesManagerImpl.subscribe(ModuleServicesManagerImpl.java:94)
at com.inductiveautomation.xopc.driver.common.AbstractDriverModuleHook.startup(AbstractDriverModuleHook.java:67)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$LoadedModule.startup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:2156)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.startup(ModuleManagerImpl.java:264)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.startupInternal(SRContext.java:1116)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.startup(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:183)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.asyncInit(SRContext.java:858)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext.access$200(SRContext.java:204)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.SRContext$2.run(SRContext.java:590)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:526)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: user lacks privilege or object not found: PUBLIC.MODBUSRTUDRIVERSETTINGS
at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.SchemaManager.getUserTable(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserDDL.compileAlterTable(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserDDL.compileAlter(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserCommand.compilePart(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserCommand.compileStatements(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.executeDirectStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.execute(Unknown Source)
… 29 more

It’s unrelated, sorry.

Maybe you can tell us more about the problem you’re having.

I did a fresh install and will see if I continue to lose communications over time.

Will either advise or marked solved.

Thank you

Ike

Ike,

Are you still seeing this issue?