Error writing opc-UA

I use 7.6-beta5
I try to use Beckhoff OPC-UA Server.

Tag reads are OK. But I have error on Tag writes.
With the opcUA client from beckhoff tag write are OK.

the message is :
[[default]test2] Error writing to OPC address [[TC3]ns=4:s=GVL.test2]. Result code: Unknown

Any idea ? :scratch:
How to activate extended wrie log ?

Search for a logger called “UAQuality”, turn it to DEBUG, and then try the write again. Then export your logs.bin.gz and attach it to this post or send it to the support email please :slight_smile:

write logs is :

[ERROR] 18:31:29 Provider[default] [[default]test2] Error writing to OPC address [[TC3]ns=4:s=GVL.test2]. Result code: Unknown

(D) 18:31:29 UAQuality No DataQuality mapped for StatusCode: StatusCode[Severity=Bad, Subcode=Bad_WriteNotSupported]

The Beckhoff server is not accepting the write for some reason - I don’t know why. All it’s saying is that the write is not supported.

I’ve tested writing to tags on the UA sample server and am not having any issues, including a UInt16 and UInt32 tag which I suspected might have been the problem.

Can you find some kind of logging to turn on for the server that might indicate why it’s not allowing the write?

Can’ fin some kind of oggingto tun on the server.
I’ve tried another client (opua expert) reads and writes are both OK.

A question, how to configure “Anonymous” opc user in Ignition for Authentification settings ?

Hi Lionel,

Just leave blank the user name and password in opc connection>Connection Settings.

Thanks Gilles,
But tag writes command from ignition return “unkwown” again
there is a problem somewhere else…

Can you write to this tag on the Beckhoff server in Ignition 7.5 or is it just 7.6?

I try a write request with another gateway in version :
7.5.6 (b1317)
It’s OK !

The trouble is in the 7.6.0-beta5 (b1799) :scratch:

[quote=“mazeyrat”]I try a write request with another gateway in version :
7.5.6 (b1317)
It’s OK !

The trouble is in the 7.6.0-beta5 (b1799) :scratch:[/quote]

Alright, I’ll try and figure out what’s going on…

Just figured out what’s going on here at the interop today :slight_smile:

Will be fixed for 1.6.0, hoping to sneak it into 1.5.7.

Hey great.