Error Writing Tag Values Using SQLTags Provider

Hi,

I’m encountering a problem when trying to write tag values using a SQLTag Provider. I have a Realtime SQLTag Driving Provider running on a Linux server running Ignition 7.2.9. The tag providers are connecting to an Oracle database. I can create tags and write values on the gateway that is the driving provider. However, when trying to write tag values from a second gateway using a SQLTag provider the errors listed below are encountered and the values are not writter.

Is there something I am missing when configuring the Tag Provider?

Thanks
Jeremy

Error returned by Designer:
Error writing to TestTag.Value: StatusCode[Severity=Bad,Subcode=Bad_InternalError,0x80020000]: Cannot coerce value ‘[0,Good]’ into type: class java.lang.Integer

The error displayed in the Console is:
java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot coerce value
'[0,Good]' into type: class java.lang.Integer
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:971)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.toInteger(TypeUtilities.java:980)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.TypeUtilities.coerce(TypeUtilities.java:726)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.DatasourceTagProvider.internalWriteValue(DatasourceTagProvider.java:109)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.AbstractTagDriver.write(AbstractTagDriver.java:487)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.write(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:366)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectSettingsCache$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.write(ProjectSettingsCache.java:456)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.SQLTags$ClientWriteOperation.run(SQLTags.java:377)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

If you can, try upgrading to the latest version, 7.2.11.

It looks like you have a string that is trying to coerce into an integer.

Check to make sure that your second gateway is just a provider and not a driving provider.

If the upgrade doesn’t help, give tech support a call so we can try to help you further.