Excel opens exported chart data all in one cell

When I export data to an Excel file from easy chart it does not open properly in Excel. All of the data appears in a single cell. This seems to be some kind of version issue as it will look fine in Excel 2007 but fail in Excel 2003 or 2002.

The format that we export in (Office XML format) is probably not supported in those older versions of Excel.

They are older versions but also the most common. This makes the function kind of useless really. Is it possible to export in .csv or some other format from the chart?

You know, I answered without really thinking very much before… I’ve got Excel 2003, and it works just fine! Out of curiosity, try saving it with an extension of *.xml and opening it in Excel and see if it works any better.

To answer your question, yes, there are many ways to export data as CSV in FactoryPMI. The scripting function fpmi.db.exportCSV is the easiest way, but it is somewhat awkward to use with the EasyChart because you’ll have to go and get the point data from the database.

This topic might get you started viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3165&hilit=export+csv

I suppose that the EasyChart should have some sort of built-in export to CSV, but its really hard to do with charts, because if you have data coming from multiple tables, the X-values don’t align, which makes the CSV format not work very well.