Exception: Error Unpacking

Hello

I have downloaded the module examples from https://github.com/inductiveautomation/ignition-sdk-examples. I have selected the scripting-rpc-example as one to use as a base. The first step is to simply build and install this example without any modification.

I have managed to build it via the instructions (e.g. Maven Test, then Maven Build ‘package’). After a few hours I managed to sign the resultant jar successfully (not a very intuitive process!).

So all good so far. I then install the module and run designer… well I had ‘hoped’ to run designer. Instead it fell in a steaming pile of unmentionables. During the designer launch process it errors with “Error launching application: Exception: Error unpacking __2993506771__scripting-rpc-common-1.8.0jar”.

Not certain why. Any ideas?

Java 1.8.0.144

If I unzip the 'ScriptingRPC-signed.jar I see:

scripting-rpc-gateway-1.8.0.jar
scripting-rpc-designer-1.8.0.jar.pack.gz
scripting-rpc-common-1.8.0.jar.pack.gz
scripting-rpc-common-1.8.0.jar
scripting-rpc-client-1.8.0.jar.pack.gz
signatures.properties
module.xml
certificates.p7b

in module.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples.scripting-rpcScriptingRPCA module that adds a scripting function that uses RPC...1.7.07.7.0scripting-rpc-gateway-1.8.0.jarscripting-rpc-common-1.8.0.jarscripting-rpc-common-1.8.0.jar.pack.gzscripting-rpc-client-1.8.0.jar.pack.gzscripting-rpc-designer-1.8.0.jar.pack.gzcom.inductiveautomation.examples.scriptingrpc.client.ModuleHookcom.inductiveautomation.examples.scriptingrpc.designer.ModuleHookcom.inductiveautomation.examples.scriptingrpc.ModuleHook

Can you launch the designer with the Java console enabled and paste the output here? and maybe the resulting module file you’ve built too?

Kevin

thanks for the reply.

ScriptingRPC-signed.modl (14.1 KB)

consoleoutput.txt (20.5 KB)

It looks like the source of the problem are these errors:

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: META-INF/maven/com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples/scripting-rpc-client/pom.properties

You seem to have the same problem as the guy in this thread.

I suggested building from the command line with Eclipse closed, as it seemed others have faced this issue and it’s got something to do with Windows and Eclipse.

Try that and see if it works?

Kevin

Thanks again. You are correct it was a Windows/Eclipse issue. I gave up on Windows and used Ubuntu eclipse and all works well now.

Thanks