Export/Import project using command lines

I am looking for a way to export or import a project using some command lines. I found nothing on the Gateway Utility.

The only export I see is creating backup .gwbk. An alternative could be to “extract” projects from a .gwbk file, but I dont think it is possible?

In 8.x you can simply unzip a project export into the correct location in the data folder.

In 7.x I don’t think there’s any solution for you.

2 Likes

Also, .gwbk files are just renamed .zip files. Any tool that can read a zip file can read a .gwbk, and 8.X projects are plain files directly inside the zip; should be relatively trivial to script an extraction job.

1 Like

Once you've unzipped a project export in the data folder, do you still have to wait for the Gateway sync/scan time to pick up your changes? I think the current default is 300 seconds.

Is there anyway to force it to re-scan immediately?

Thanks.
-Shane

8.1.28 added system.project.scan()

2 Likes

Assuming you meant:

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/system.project.requestScan

Oops, yes, I was reading from the original description in the issue tracker, didn't notice it got changed to requestScan.

1 Like

Can it be called from a third party application? (version control system / ~GIT)

No, not directly. You could set up a WebDev endpoint or something and do it that way, though.

2 Likes