FactoryPMI Plugin Creation

I have a java application that I would like to import as a plugin for FactoryPMI. Much like FPMI it lets me create java code to compile and run at runtime. I’m hoping this java code can be linked to FPMI object properties for control/animation from the global script option.

Do you have examples I can use for coding or gobys?

I see references that plugins come as java beans, but I don’t see any examples on the manuals.

Anyways, if you could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

There is currently no public API for creating 3rd party plugins for FactoryPMI. From a technical side, yes, we can wrap up standard JavaBean spec visual components in a plugin that adds a FactoryPMI component palette. These components will then play nicely with FactoryPMI’s databinding/scripting systems. Is this what you have - a collection of visual JavaBeans?

Note that we’re talking about “classic” JavaBeans, ala java.sun.com/javase/technologies … /index.jsp, and not enterprise java beans (EJBs), which are something else entirely.

Carl,

Thanks for the information.

I sure hope Inductive Automation presents a public API for creating 3rd party plugins for FactoryPMI in the near future. It will give integrators and manufacturers the capabilities to add their own proprietary plugins much like the Report Plugin you already provide.

I’m just trying to combine goodies I’ve found on the web into FactoryPMI. Unfortunately, this java software is not formated for the JavaBean Spec. I will have to do that on my own.

Alright, Thanks for the information.