FactorySQL migration to Ignition

I have a customer running FactorySQL version 5 (this is reported in the export) who is planning to migrate to Ignition. I see a couple of mentions in the forum of “legacy import” but no mention of this in current documentation.

Is there a way to automate this?

Also, will SQL Bridge write to the existing tables in the same manner so that existing custom reporting software will still work?

1 Like

Legacy Upgrade is in the Backup/Restore section of the gateway. When I had done it (this was back in 7.0), it was pretty seamless, but there is a separate tool that Colby had talked about:

http://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/upgrading-from-factorysql-to-ignition-when-problems-arise/3454?u=jordancclark

1 Like

@JordanCClark, thanks for that. I don’t know how I missed that. FYI, the import has been enhanced to give you options of importing to an existing project, mapping to existing DB connections, and specifying which groups to import.

I am once again pleased by the functionality and elegance of this product.

@Colby.Clegg will SQL Bridge write to the existing tables in the same manner so that existing custom reporting software will still work? And legacy data will be preserved?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay- but yeah, it should all work the same, with the existing tables, and it shouldn’t affect the previous data.

1 Like