One of our clients having plants at 9 locations and a corporate office (connected via WAN) is looking for the following features:
- Local Data Logging and Analysis : Graphics,Alarms, Charts, Trends, KPI, Reporting at 9 Locations. Data Points at each Location : Approx 2000. Data Archival Rate : 5-10s. Data History Length - Upto 5 years.
- Central Data Analysis (Graphics,Alarms, Charts, Trends, KPI, Reporting ) of the data integrated from all the 9 Locations. Here the user should be able to have data from different locations combined for performance comparision.
- Possibility to have the central data analysis for history data even if WAN is down. (meaning we also want to store required data at the central location)
These are the main requirements. Can you suggest the best archietecture for this requirement.
We can think of the following architectures:
- FactorySQL running at each location logging data to the remote central database. Factory PMI Gateway installed at the central location.
Disadvantage : Not possible to see data locally when WAN is down.
- Factory SQL/Factory PMI running at each location logging data to the local database. Factory PMI Gateway installed at the central location which connects to these different local databases of the 9 Locations.
Disadvantage : Not possible to see data centrally when WAN is down.
- Factory SQL/Factory PMI running at each location logging data to the local database as well as (only selected data) to remote central database .Factory PMI Gateway installed at the central location.This way it is possible to have data both locally and centrally. I am not sure if this architecture is possible?
I would like you to suggest us a better architecture and which architeture to choose for our requirements.
- Are there case studies of an installation similar to our requirements?
- Is it possible to verify whether this architecture will perform with 9 locations with the number of points and archival rates we require?
- What problems do you foresee and your recommendations for the same?
- The client (who is one of the big cement manufacturer in India) shall go for this system against Wonderware and Intellution. So we should be absolutely convinced that
we can meet the requirements of the client and there will be no performance problems or any other issues.