FactorySQL will not connect to KepserverEX (intermiten)

FactorySQL will not connect to the local service sometimes(KEPserver EX) Error is that Queue or buffer is full 127.0.0.1:5505 also when server is restarted active tag population of the Kepserver Ex which is called upon by the client (FactorySQL) to start, can take up to 8 minutes now (about 4084 tags). Also shows more than one client to kepware always two sometimes three, sometimes more. Can re-intialize kepserver and shake it off to two only, they also show up in the FactorySQL Connection tab-System Status-OPC, these show up as multiple connections, one will be showing 4000 plus tags, the second 1 tag and sometimes a third with zero tags. Why the slow population of the Kepserver tags now? Why Am I getting a Queue full error? Why the multiple clients, when FactorySQL is my only client? I have been using this for more than a year now, without these issues, just added a few more tags for alerting. My IT department can not find any issues with this machine either and Kepserver tech support has checked out there side of things and say that the OPF application application is functioning correctly.

Hi,

We’ve seen the frontend connection problem once or twice but have never really nailed down a cause/solution. Those “buffer full” errors are coming from Windows networking, at a layer outside of FactorySQL. Is there anything else that was changed about this machine before they started happening? Last time I saw this, they had just installed some sort of software that inserted itself in window’s tcp stack.

For the slow startup: what version of FactorySQL is it? There was a problem with SQLTags loading slowly that fixed in 4.2.9.

Multiple connections: FactorySQL may connect multiple times to the OPC server. It keys it off of the server name, so it’s possible to have to names pointed to the same server, but slightly different, causing a second connection. If you go into the OPC status when their both connected, you should be able to see the difference. For example, one might start with “localhost:” while the other doesn’t. Ultimately it’s not really a big deal.

For the occasional third- it’s probably caused by browsing, which opens a new connection. It should get closed after a minute of inactivity (or by hitting the “refresh servers” button).

Hope this helps,

I have version 4.2.9 of FactorySql and I tried to get a update after reading your response and found that I also could not connect to the internet, which would also be related to the TCP/IP stack problem you mentioned. I then went to START>RUN>entered “CMD” pressed enter and typed in the command prompt line “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt” I understand this is supposed to correct the TCP/IP corrupt or full stack error or situation. I then had to set all my ethernet card static IP addresses back up because everything was restored to its original installed conditions. This has not helped as of yet. What other ideas do you have, I am still listening, need more help!

Hmm…

If you go to Network Connections, right click and select “Properties” (as if you were going to modify the IP address), what items are listed in the selection list? For example, you’ll certainly have “Internet Protocol Version 4” selected, but what other items are selected?

All of them are selected “Client for Microsoft networks”, “files and printer sharing”, “Qos packet scheduler” and “Internet Protocol”

But there’s only those 4 huh? I was hoping to see something a little more third-party and suspicious.

Can you post a more precise version of that error message?

Also, when the error occurs, could you get a snapshot of your tcp statistics and post it or email it to support AT inductiveautomation.com . I’m thinking this might give some useful info (it’ll save the output to the text file):

>netstat -s > c:\statistics.txt

Regards,

At some point with OS related problems it becomes more time efficient to just “start clean”

First consider: the availability of another PC, availability/timing of potential downtime, IT support, and other applications running on that machine.

If you have another PC/server to use, or a freshly imaged new hard drive in the existing one

1. Backup your projects.
  2. Install on new machine
  3. See how it runs
  4. Migrate licenses as applicable
    I can’t imagine this taking longer than an afternoon unless you’re migrating a huge database as well.

It might work to uninstall/re-install Windows “Networking”, but that makes me particularly nervous on a production system. You may even want to “remove” the hardware under the Windows Device Manager. Make sure you have all the drivers you need beforehand (Windows CD and NIC driver from web).