[FEATURE-10873,13370] Cross-project Login

Dear all,
I built a project able to swap between multiple projects.
I request the user to login into the “parent” application and I show him the projects where he has the privileges to access.
I notice that swapping from a project to another requires to login again everytime, that is a litte bit boring from a user point of view.
Is it possible to propagate the privileges from a project to another, in order to cause an automatic login to the “children” projects?
Are there other workarounds?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea

Hi @andrea.morando -

I notice that swapping from a project to another requires to login again everytime

That is true if you do not have an existing perspective session running in the browser for the target project. If you do not have an existing perspective session running in the browser for Project B, and if Project A and Project B point to the same IdP, then you should be able to one-click login into Project B when switching from Project A since the IdP should already recognize your auth session.

Is it possible to propagate the privileges from a project to another, in order to cause an automatic login to the “children” projects

Not at this time, though we have a feature ticket (13370) which may address this. Just curious - what would you expect to happen if the user logs out of Project B - should they still be logged into Project A?

Dear Joe,
thank you for your reply.
As concerns the multiple logging out from several projects, I consider that if an user logs out of Project B, he should be logged out of Project A as well.
I confirm the user one-click logins into the other Project, but it is a little bit time consuming.
I hope the feature ticket will be solved very soon!! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Andrea

1 Like

Hi Joel, any news on this topic?
Thanks.

@jspecht any updates here?

You may want to look into the new feature we added in 8.1.9. In Designer > Project Menu > Properties > General, the checkbox with text “Automatically redirect users to the IdP if authentication is required” - see Project Properties - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation