[feature-13751]Perspective Auto Logout

YMMV, but based on our experiences with 8.0.x up to 8.0.16 vs. 8.1.1, I wouldn’t leave anything on 8.0.x that could be moved to 8.1.1+.

1 Like

Thank you Kevin, I am using 8.0.10, I will get 8.0.16 and give a try!

As @witman said, there’s no reason to be on 8.0.x any more. It wasn’t an LTS release and won’t receive any more updates. 8.1.x is where you should be if upgrading.

2 Likes

I want to implement the Automatic Inactivity Detection but instead of using the Inactive Session Actions that are available I would like it to log in a different user that doesn’t have any permissions to make changes and can only view the available pages. Is anyone aware of a method of doing this?

Nope, you can’t use script to log users in period :disappointed: limitation of idp security I’d say

You could set your project permissions up to not require authentication. Set permissions to require authentication or more specific security levels for any view or action which requires a user with those security levels.

When the inactivity timeout triggers, the current user can be logged out, but they will still be able to access the project. The anonymous user won’t have the required security levels to whatever views or actions you protect until they log back in.