[feature-4263]Perspective - Stagger Automatic Reload on Project Save

I have my perspective project set to automatically refresh the client view whenever an update is made to the project. My primary view is digital signage with a lot of tags, bindings, and transform scripts, so lots of stuff has to load when a project update occurs.

I have approximately 60 perspective sessions of this view open and I’m trying to reduce the performance impact a project save has on the gateway. When I save, the gateway will go to 100% cpu for about 5 seconds while it is reloading all of the clients. I am hoping there is a way that I can reload them in batches of 10 at a time, or even just delay them a random amount of seconds between 1 and 20 seconds.

Is anything like this possible? I thought about doing an onStartup script and adding a delay but I think this executes asynchronously with the reloading of the view contents.

This is an interesting idea. I don’t think anything like this is currently possible directly through Ignition… but it might be an intriguing feature request.

1 Like

I need some clarifying information here:

set to automatically refresh the client view whenever an update is made

By this you just mean the normal perspective behavior of automatically updating, right? You're not hooking into the project update and triggering an actual browser refresh somehow, are you?

I thought about doing an onStartup script and adding a delay but I think this executes asynchronously with the reloading of the view contents.

No, don't do this. You're right - it won't help. Your original idea of staggering them out is a good one that we will look into.

Hi Carl,

Yes I was just referring to the normal perspective behavior.