[FEATURE?] Increase disk cache size for perspective map component

Hello

I’d like to increase disk cache size for perspective map component so I can save a lot of more tile in local disk for cases of offline usage.
I also want to know where is the path folder which ignition save the tiles map? I want this so I can easily move them to another server which doesn’t have internet access.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. At the moment, tiles are not stored locally, but are requested over the network from a tile server like OpenStreetMap or MapBox. We have plans to look into the possibility of an offline mode, and whether this is something we can support. I will let you know when or if this becomes available. Hopefully we can make this happen.

-Yousuf

Any updates on this? We have an Ignition server not internet-connected and we need to display offline maps

Hi
Forget about cache. Just download your tiles and put them in ignition server folder /web so ignition acts as tile server.

1 Like

Did you use this post?

So easy!

Yeah that was me originally ask this question long ago

I was not able to get this working and neither could AI tech support. Does anyone know if this still works for offline map with 8.1.26?

Yes it is still working for offline map. There are two option using ignition web folder and put your tiles in it or simply use postgis or geoserver which both are free and provide wms or tile server for ignition.
I prefer geoserver which is very easy to use.