[FEATURE] Increase usability of the Perspective Power Chart component

BTW, some of these issues also apply to the EasyChart in Vision. E.g. the issue of the timeline labels...
You literally need to count from the left or right on this chart to work out what day is what along the timeline, which is super slow and painful (without using the x-trace, of course - but trends should be easily readable just by looking at them, not just interacting with them)

This is a perfect example of how I believe this should be (I've also passed this onto IA, but added here for everyone else)

Full date/times should be displayed at the major gridlines; they should be based on midnight, and should be predictable at all zoom levels e.g.
2022-09-22 12:05:00
2022-09-22 12:10:00
2022-09-22 12:15:00

not

2022-09-22 12:40
2022-09-22 12:46
2022-09-22 12:53
(these aren't even evenly spaced without the seconds showing... see my post after this one for this exact example - this is so very hard to read)

Minor gridlines should be shown as well which divide the major gridlines by logical and predictable values. e.g. something that divides into 60, not some random number that's the result of a simple calculation of span/gridlines.

I would also like to see the realtime and historic modes disappear and merged into one - there's no need to separate these and it makes it more difficult to use the chart. In the screenshot above, the start, end, and time span can all be modified, with start/end changes modifying the time span, and time span changes modifying the start time.
e.g.
you change start time, and the time span is updated to reflect the new time span using the format 1y 12w 5d 9h 12m 45s.
you change the time span, and the start time is updated to reflect the new time span.

Add to that a toggle to turn on live time tracking + a button to get to "now", and you have realtime mode. Pan the view, and you have historical mode with or without live time tracking.

6 Likes