[FEATURE] Increase usability of the Perspective Power Chart component

You can always use multiple y axes for this.

I agree this would be useful. Things like last week, last 7 days, last month etc. It’s almost there in the realtime selections, but what makes it a bit useless is that you then can’t traverse backwards in time… You’re stuck from now to x time period ago :confused:

Selection of the interpolation method could also be improved upon. I have no idea what any of the options actually do, and the operators will think it’s in Swahili (assuming they’re not from a country that speaks Swahili).

It would be awesome if there was an info popup or something that shows you a description and an example of all of the options.

Secondly, changing the colour of the plot background isn’t really supported, as when you do, you lose lots of niceties like the axes labels are butt right up against the very top of the plot and look dumb,

The x-trace legend text is non-readable (issue is more that the legend background box is a fixed size and doesn’t accommodate longer text)

Also, this gap between the plot and the x-axis has always bugged me. It looks like it’s disconnected from the plot and not part of it. Can this be removed?

One more: I have this displayed in 4K and I still have a scrollbar for my pen legend. Can we have access to the basis/shrink/grow settings of this so that we can control the size?

Also the lack of gridlines, but I remember reading that they’re coming, or have come

5 Likes

Just adding my voice to the chorus: I too have a customer with a brand new Ignition system with which they are otherwise thoroughly impressed, but are disappointed with the inability to show data as stored, and pushing me for a solution.

The doc says:

HOWEVER, this only works for ONE tag. Only one tag will be displayed if you add more… Which is particularly frustrating as I thought we finally had a way to display asStored in the powerchart, only to find out it makes it practically unusable.

Try the table history provider with a transaction group and storage on intervals. (Possibly conditioned on motor running status.) Sometimes the convenience and data storage savings of the tag historian aren’t worth the hassles.

Sounds like something to inherently fix though rather than have to bandaid :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not convinced there’s a fix. Any kind of recording that uses a deadband to save storage is inherently lossy, and if the deadband is zero, tall format wastes gobs of space compared to a wide table format. You have to pick your poison.

There might be better defaults, though. Maybe someone who uses the historian a lot (that wouldn’t be me) could make suggestions to IA. Hmmm?

I see that v8.1.18 has been released…does this mean that the power chart will now display data from a tag history database as stored? Or is this related to the internal historian only?

I’m trying to add a custom pen name through a script but it gets overwritten and the chart always shows a tag path. Is there a work around available to achieve this or will this be supported in the future?