[Feature] Open in new tab (browser native)

Regarding the Menu Tree component; it would be handy if perspective could offer the browsers context menu giving the option to “open in new tab”. Is this possible?

Regarding other components using only Navigation actions; is it possible for perspective to determine if a component has Navigation actions and therefore offers the browsers context menu?

I’m not the definitive authority, but I believe only the Link Component will ever allow for the browser’s context menu with regard to opening destinations in new tabs/windows.

Exposing whether or not a component has a Navigate Action isn’t quite as simple as you’d probably think because you’re missing instances where a component might be using a system.perspective.navigate() scripting method in place of the Navigate Action. We can’t very well parse a script and determine if there’s a navigate call, so the other option would be to place a property on each component along the lines of “hasNavAction”, which is definitely something that shouldn’t be done.

That being said, we could conceivably place a property in the Menu Tree component for each item which determines whether the destination will be opened in the current tab or a new tab/window, but… I don’t see it being used very often; someone brought this up in another thread, and my reply was basically this: if you always want to open a Menu Tree option in another tab, then you’re not using the Menu Tree in a “correct” or traditional way - you should find some other way to provide that navigation.

I did read that post and it made sense to me.
I have a client that would like to be able to navigate in the same tab but wants the option to open in new tab as they please. Not a deal breaker by any means just wishful thinking.

Yah, the Menu Tree won’t allow for that anytime in the near future. Link Components DO allow for that functionality, even for project pages (not just external URLs).

I have the problem that when I click on the launch session on the menu tree. The explorer opens a new tab. I don’t want to do that. How can disable?

I’m a little confused by your question. It sounds like when you are Launching a new Session from the Designer a new tab is opened for you, which is exactly what is supposed to happen. If you don’t want a new tab opened, then you must already have a tab open somewhere, at which point I don’t understand why you’re launching a new Session.

If you don’t have an active Session, and you don’t want a new tab, then I can only assume you’re trying to use the Designer itself as a Session, and you should NEVER do that.

"I’m a little confused by your question. It sounds like when you are Launching a new Session from the Designer a new tab is opened for you, which is exactly what is supposed to happen. "
I am agree.
In this sesion. When i make click on the menu tree(For example Dassboard button), then, The explorer opens a new tab. So i have 2 tabs instead to have only one(main page and dassboard). And if i make click on other button of the menu tree opens another tab.

I’m guessing you supplied the Page paths without a leading slash.
With a given Page Configuration of /some_path/myPage, if you supply a target of “some_path/myPage”, then the Page will open in a new tab. If you supply “/some_path/myPage”, then the Page will open in the current tab. Please read more about this in the documentation. You’ll want to expand the “Click to see the items properties” portion.