[feature] override device modbus port for backup gateway

@Kevin.Herron,

We are connecting some Siemens LOGO PLC with modbus protocol.
LOGO can accept 8 connections but on 8 distinct TCP port, for example : 502,503,...

With Ignition redundancy, if we want to use the warm mode, we need one gateway connect to 502 and the other to 503 for the same modbus device.

We encounter sometimes those kind of restriction with mobdus device from other manufacturer.

It will useful if tou can add on modbus device a parameter to change the port used by the backup gateway.

Something like modbus port gateway backup override. If the gateway as the master role it use the cuurent modbus port, if it has the backup role it use if fullfilled the modbus port gateway backup override.

We're going to solve this problem in a generalized way, in user space, for 8.3 that doesn't require an endless whack-a-mole of new "this setting, but for the backup!" fields being adding to persistent records. You'll just have to wait until then.

3 Likes

Good news ! Just a bit annoying for some current project in 8.1 :cry:, despide I'm sure @pturmel will reply me, his advanced modbus driver can do it for 8.1...

we have still an ugly workaround with OS port forwarding on backup server

Why, yes, my alternate modbus module does offer this feature. :grin:

5 Likes