[Feedback] Perspective web client on android webview

We developed an android app in the past embedding a WebView to show Ignition 7.6.6 Mobile Version as a part of a Customer app.

We’d like to do the same thing using Ignition8 and Perspective, but the result is that our WebView always shows a blank screen without any error.
Launching the same link on the same device but using Chrome is working fine.

Is it possible to still use the Android webView to display a Perspective Client or we necessarily have to run it using Chrome or the Ignition app?

Perspective should work fine in a normal Android WebView, just make sure you enable javascript and dom storage on the WebView settings.

Good morning, I'm a Colleague of Antonio, thanks for your reply. I developed the part of the App working with Ignition 7.6.6 mobile, but I'm not at all an Android expert developer.

I think I already enabled what you're suggesting for my WebView, I'm sharing you the code snippet.
Just in case you need it, I can add that I have to use an Android 6.0.1, API 23 device.

private void webViewTest(String url){

webView = findViewById(R.id.myWebView);

webView.getSettings().setLoadsImagesAutomatically(true);
    webView.getSettings().setDomStorageEnabled(true);
    webView.getSettings().setAppCacheEnabled(true);

String appCachePath = getApplicationContext().getCacheDir().getAbsolutePath();
    webView.getSettings().setAppCachePath(appCachePath);
    webView.getSettings().setAllowFileAccess(true);

webView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);

// Load the URLs inside the WebView, not in the external web browser
    webView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient());
    webView.getSettings().setCacheMode(WebSettings.LOAD_DEFAULT);

webView.loadUrl(url);

}

These are the result using this code:

Ignition 7.6.6 on Customer Application
Ignition766MobileOnWebView

Ignition 8 Perspective on Customer Application
Ignition8PerspectiveOnWebView

Same Ignition 8 Perspective link launched on the same device but into Chrome browser
Ignition8PerspectiveOnChrome

Update.

I installed Ignition Perspective app and this is the result:

Ignition8PerspectiveOnPerspectiveApp

It seems like Android 6.0.1 is not fully supported by Perspective App.
Can anyone confirm my doubt?

This is ancient, and so the version of Chromium used for the WebView is also ancient. It's likely not supported.

edit: mixed up versions, not that old after all... 2015ish. The version of Chromium used by the WebView component might still be too old though.

That version should be supported. Can you double check that your System WebView is up to date? If you go to play store and search webview it will show up.

Thanks for your replies, I’m using this on a wearable device and I don’t have the play store installed. I’ve contacted the supplier and he’s going to release an update for the O.S. to Android 8.1, hope this will help!

Thanks for your support.