Find and Replace not working 7.6.5

When I use the find and replace tool, it only works for me maybe 1 out of 20 tries. I rarely get a pop up that tells me it was successful. What I am seeing is that my search will return maybe 3 results where a tag is used that I searched for. I will click replace all and either nothing happens after I click yes or maybe the first one will updated in the results window. I also, tried replacing each result individually and that seems to work but it only updates after I click on another result (which is impossible if there is only one result). Then if I don’t click close right then and start all over it won’t save the changes at all and usually doesn’t anyway.

I’m getting no where with a substantial tag naming convention change that I need to do. I don’t know if I am dealing with user error or a bug. I did just realize this project is running 7.6.5 which is a release candidate. I haven’t found out why we are running this rather than the latest released version. Maybe I need to roll back to 7.6.4 if that is even possible.

Thanks for any help!

Update: I just figured out that Replace seems to work if the window is open that happens to contain the result that you are trying to replace. I have 67 windows so I’m not what will happen if I open all of them.

What happens if you change the Window search from “Open windows”, to “All windows” in the Find/Replace window? Does that work?