Find coded trigger for report

How can I find a trigger for a report that does not have a schedule configured. I'm working on a system that someone else designed and there is a vision window button that sets a boolean tag to 1 and this triggers the report. I'd like to find where that tag does this but I haven't been able to do so yet. Any suggestions?

There are three ways to cause a report to execute:

• Schedule

• Viewer

• Script (system.report.execute...())

That last is likely in a tag change script. Possibly on the tag, but likely in a project (gateway event), and likely the same project as the report.

Thanks.

There is no Schedule configure in the report.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Viewer'.

There are no scripts anywhere that I can find. The previous developer was NOT a programmer, so that doesn't surprise me.

Is there a way to search for the tag usage?

In very recent release of Ignition, there is a tool to track tag usage. But I recommend you first search your project(s) for any use of system.report.execute (verbatim). Search everything, including tags, for that. Consider also searching for the name of the report.

A "Viewer" is a UI component (there's versions for both Vision and Perspective) that allow a user to run and review a report in a UI. No scripting.

I found it in the Gateway Event Scripts under Tag Change using the search for "system.report.execute", as you suggested.

I guess he did more scripting than I give him credit for (at least someone did).