Find/replace cast a exception

Hi!

When I use the Find/Replace function i got the following error when I click the Find button,

ERROR com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchReplaceDialog$SearchTask - null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Our version is 7.9.7 for Ignition Platform

Can you post the full stack trace of the error? In the error dialog, select ‘Details’, then full, then copy the error message and post it here inside three backticks, like this:

```
error message
```

Here it is, I try to search for the word ‘print’ in my open windows.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.binding.SQLPropertyAdapter.getBindingConfiguration(SQLPropertyAdapter.java:117)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.search.ComponentCursor$BindingIterator.next(ComponentCursor.java:152)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.advance(SearchObjectAggregator.java:119)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:107)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:89)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchObjectAggregator.next(SearchObjectAggregator.java:31)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$5.next(Iterators.java:558)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(Iterators.java:651)
at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators.addAll(Iterators.java:361)
at com.google.common.collect.Lists.newArrayList(Lists.java:160)
at com.google.common.collect.Iterators.toArray(Iterators.java:344)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.findreplace.SearchReplaceDialog$SearchTask.run(SearchReplaceDialog.java:935)

Ignition v7.9.7 (b2018032914)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_151

Any news about this problem?

I can’t really see why this would be erroring out from the stack trace - could you get in contact with support so they can collect some more information and hopefully reproduce, so that we can get it fixed?

It must be something in this project only, when i open another the find/replace function works. Can it be some binding that is missing due to copy/paste between windows/tabs?

is there a way to verify bindings in a project or window?