Good morning Gentlemen,
We started our first project on ignition for our client that is asking for a specific way to manage users and roles.
Actually he want to create groups, assign roles to these groups, and assign the users to groups.
Here what the client asked :
Users -> Organization Group -> Group Access -> roles
The users will be linked to Organization Group, Linked to Group Access to witch we assign roles. [color=#FF4040]The objective is to manage the roles via organizational groups ( in an SQL table) and not by users.[/color]
The client is asking to use the active directory for the authentication and want to synchronize a group of users of the active directory with the users of ignition.
- We have the idea to use the AD/Database Hybrid as user source, and create the roles “automatically” based on the group access and organizational groups to the different users. these tables will be created separately.
Our question :
- Does our approach is the best way to do it?
- Is there any way to create group of roles in Ignition?
- Is it possible to still keep the synchronize only some users from the AD?
- Is it possible to extract the user status from the Active directory? ( if a user is not active on the AD, it should not be anymore on Ignition)