First time use maker - user name/password not working

New to Ignition Maker, went though step by step but when I get to login to the maker my user name and password do not work. Also tried the default admin/password?

Are you referring to the Gateway, the Designer, or a Session of your project? The root cause could be different depending on which you're trying to login to. I wouldn't expect admin:password to work unless that's what you used during commissioning.

For the Gateway, you should absolutely be using the same credentials you supplied when you commissioned the Gateway. Assuming you didn't make any new users on the Gateway, those same credentials should also get you into the Designer. Unless you specified that your project required login you shouldn't need credentials for a session.

If you believe you supplied credentials and you believe the password is incorrect, you could request a password reset of the Gateway with the command utility: Gateway Command-line Utility - gwcmd - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation

If you believe you might have supplied the wrong username and don't know what was actually used you'll probably need to uninstall and re-install the Gateway, then re-commission all over again.

1 Like