Fixing database connections in a redudant gateway

Ignition version: 8.1.22
Database: MySQL

I need my redudant gateway on one server, opc1, to communicate a database on the server with my master gateway, opc0. I created a new user within MySQL specifically for Ignition and set the host of my connection string to the IP address of opc0. My redudant gateway is unable to reach the database on opc0 because it's using localhost as the host and root as the user.

My redudant gateway isn't allowing me to make changes to the database connection URL. I tried restoring the redudant gateway with a backup of the master, but it isn't updating the connection URL. How can I update these parameters?

You cannot. Backup servers get all of their configuration from the master, except for redundancy settings themselves.

Use a DNS name that resolves correctly in both hosts.

Why does the DNS work in place of the IP? And if the configuration comes from the master, why have the changes I've already made not been reflected in my backup?

Don't know. Tell your backup server to do a full resync.

Forced resync has updated the settings in my database connection, thanks. Is there a way to schedule resyncs?

They should be automatic. But I've seen them get bogged down. I'm not aware of any way to script them, short of peeking under IA's hood.