Forcing a refresh of the dataset

I am using the report designer and due to the nature of my database, i am selecting data from the database from a view and not a table. The select statement below selects data from 3 views.

select * from opsummary_diverter_a, opsummary_diverter_b, opsummary_diverter_c

I have a refresh button on my screen that runs some code to alter the tables…
fpmi.db.runUpdateQuery("ALTER VIEW opsummary_diverter_b AS " … … …

I have polling turned off on my dataset to help with performance.
Is there a way I can force a refresh of the dataset as the last thing I do in the buttons
mouseClicked action?

Thanks

Of course! You can force a refresh on any property that is bound to a SQL query with:

fpmi.db.refresh(component, "propertyName")

Check out the help manual under Technical Reference->Jython->Built-in Modules (fpmi.*)->fpmi.db

On a simular note…
Is it possible to call an event externally?

For example, say i have a script behind Button 1 and Button 2 that both do something different.
Whenever button 1 is pressed, button 2 also needs to be pressed. Can I call the Button2.MouseClicked event from button 1 script?

For most events, this is quite involved. But for buttons in particular, it’s easy.

Button2.doClick()

[quote=“Carl.Gould”]For most events, this is quite involved. But for buttons in particular, it’s easy.

Button2.doClick()

Just to add…

I found that this will only work if you have your code in the action performed event. I originally had it in the mouseClicked event and was not getting any results.

Thanks for the help!