Forcing SFC Transitions (Through SDK)

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to force an SFC transition through the SDK module. I know the SFC can be built to have a separate path to take that will skip the transition, but in my circumstance, I would like the ability for the operator to be able to skip any transition. That would require a lot of work on the existing SFCs and also a lot of training for anyone modifying the SFCs. The simplest option would be to have my custom module step through the transition on command, I have not found an option that is exposed through the SFC SDK hooks that allow unregistering of transitions or the ability to essentially override it as true. I would love if Ignition built this feature directly into their GUI, but I don't think that is high on the priority list. Has anyone else faced a similar challenge and found a way around it?

I avoid such challenges by never using SFCs. If paid to fix them, I fix them by replacing them with state machines implemented in easily maintained procedural code.

{ Yeah, I know it isn't an answer to your question. But maybe you aren't too far down the SFC path to abort. }

1 Like

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but could you not just add an OR statement to the transitions that connects to some kind "override step" tag

1 Like