Fpmi designer and vista

Hi,
I know fpmi is not officially supported under vista, but…is there a java guru here whoa can explain why i cannot connect to the designer ?

below is the error code :

java.net.MalformedURLException: For input string: "0:0:0:0:100:7f:fffe:8080" at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.GatewayInterface.getConnection(GatewayInterface.java:74) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:134) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:109) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.GatewayInterface.getResponse(GatewayInterface.java:101) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.DTGatewayInterface._registerAsDesigner(DTGatewayInterface.java:176) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.DTGatewayInterface.access$600(DTGatewayInterface.java:26) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.common.gateway.DTGatewayInterface$DesignerLoginTask.run(DTGatewayInterface.java:612) at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.util.PriviledgedDesignerTask$UserTask.run(PriviledgedDesignerTask.java:218) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It seems tha the problem come from the ip adress format “0:0:0:0:100:7f:fffe:8080”

Thanks,

:smiley: I’ve the solution.

The problem is the new IPV6 stack wich is activated by default.
To deactivate it, you must create new key in the registry :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters] "DisabledComponents"=dword:000000ff

This diable ALL ipv6 and prfer IPV4.

More info here :
microsoft.com/technet/commun … g0506.mspx

Software team, please take this in account for next release.

Regards,

Thanks for the heads up!