FPMI wont start

I updated to java 6, not FPMI service will not start. In the windows logs, it says something about a loadlibrary not found

Ok, so i got it fixed. I made a copy of my FactoryPMI folder, then uninstalled all instances of Java, then uninstalled FPMI. I then installed Java 6, and FPMI. Finally, i copied my old FPMI files over top of the new folder.

Called Kyle - The problem was from uninstalling the Java 5 installation that the FactoryPMI Gateway was using and it was fixed when he reinstalled FactoryPMI.

As a reminder, do a Gateway backup if you ever intend on uninstalling the application. Your projects are part of the install.

Just got a call about this today, and so I wanted to update this thread with some useful info:

There are 2 registry keys that tell FactoryPMI where to find java. If you’re running into this problem starting the service, check the following and make sure they point to a valid java installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Inductive Automation\FactoryPMI\JAVA_HOME

This should point to a jre install folder, like “C:\Program_1\Java\JRE15~1.0_1”

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FactoryPMI\Parameters\JVM Library

This should point to an actuall jvm.dll in the folder found in the first key, like “C:\Program_1\Java\JRE15~1.0_1\bin\client\jvm.dll”.

These confusions can be caused by installing/uninstalling java runtimes, which can sometime occur in unexpected ways, like by a different applications installer (Oracle, in the case today).

Hope this helps,