Full screen client minimizes when screen saver comes on

I am running an Ignition client in full screen mode on a Windows XP machine and when the screen saver comes on it minimizes my application. Any ideas how to prevent this (other than disabling the screen saver)?

This an unfortunate side-effect of how windows’ full-screen exclusive mode works. I don’t really have any ideas on how to prevent it besides:

1. turn off screen saver or
  2. have the software manually un-minimize it on a script. Not even sure this would work well.

As as side-note, I think its time we experiment with some full-screen options that don’t use exclusive mode, because exclusive mode has so many weird issues in windows. I think that we may be able to go full-screen without pretending we’re a videogame (thats what “exclusive” mode is meant for). Something like how powerpoint goes into its full-screen mode, which I think is using a different mechanism.

That probably explains why when I launch an external app (like via the openURL function) that Windows minimizes my Ignition client screen. So, after closing IE, the user has to press on the windows taskbar to open6 up the Ignition screen again.

You mentioned something about un-minimizing the screen via scripting? Can you point me in the right direction so I can try that after making an openURL call?

Check out this thread, it should get you started in the right direction.