Future in Industrial Automation

Hello:
I would appreciate your input/advice.

I come from an electronic design/programming industry, for almost 40 years I have designed new electronic things that evolved around microprocessor’s and that in-turn required me to program heavily in “embedded C” as I always needed to write the firmware for the new device.

I designed all of my own circuit boards which may be as simple as 1 or 2 layers all the way up to 8 layers, and created the schematics for the final product. I am also fairly advanced as a Network Engineer also!

My question is simple, I have retired, but have been involved in PCL’s for about 2 years and I have studied Ignition for about the last 4 months. I am wanting to aggressively pursue the Industrial Automation industry. Is this going to be a reachable goal, or do you think I may be out of my league?

Thanks to all who can share their opinion.

I’ll bet you do well. If you have decades of experience writing embedded C, then java and jython and ladder logic will all be a walk in the park. If you’re ever in Atlanta, look me up. Or come to the Ignition Community Conference this fall.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, I am going to try to make it in September.

I really impressed on your work experience.