Gateway automatic backups

Hi guys,

Somewhere along the line, my automatic backup settings went away-- looks like about the same time as I upgraded to 7.2.11-- really unfortunate, as I had a project get corrupted here from a power outage-- the server has a ups on it, but but my pc doesn’t, and I just happened to be working on the project at the time. Then when I went to look for my backup… :open_mouth:

Luckily, I still had the context autobackup to fall back on, but just wanted to give you a heads up about what I had going.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Just went and checked mine and they have not run since the update either.

I have
7.2.11-beta1 (b209)

and mine are still running.

Do we have a fix for this?

Looks like a permission issue.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/local/bin/ignition/backups/Ignition-backup-20120515-1124.gwbk (Permission denied) at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179) at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.ScheduledBackupManager.createBackup(ScheduledBackupManager.java:139) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.ScheduledBackupManager.run(ScheduledBackupManager.java:115) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:573) at it.sauronsoftware.cron4j.RunnableTask.execute(Unknown Source) at it.sauronsoftware.cron4j.TaskExecutor$Runner.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Make sure that folder has read/write access for the system account Ignition is running under.

Maybe I should iterate a bit further. My scheduled backups weren’t even enabled. Everything went okay after re-enabling (and still is for that matter). I just thought it was extra-odd.

I put in a ticket to get this fixed.