Gateway backup/restore doesn't restore anything

I'm preparing to upgrade our production server from 7.9.21 to 8.1.39. We have a test server that was running 7.9.4. My intent is to upgrade the test server to 8.1, then restore a backup of the production server to the test server.

We successfully upgraded the test server. My apologies if any of this following information isn't relevent, but I'm including it just in case.

After upgrading, I couldn't connect to my sql databases. Upgrading the Microsoft SQLServer JDBC Driver fixed that.
I then tried to restore the backup of my 7.9.21 production server. I had an issue with the gateway refusing to start until I removed the line "wrapper.java.additional.3=-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC" from the ignition.conf file.

However, once the gateway started, it appears that nothing from the backup was actually restored. I have no projects and only a few devices that were already connected to the test gateway.

I'm at a loss to where to start troubleshooting. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Can you share the wrapper.log files from the 8.1 server?

wrapper.log (812.6 KB)
Attached. Thank you.

I can't tell what's going on from the logs. There's one error about the restore file missing something, there's other errors about pylib on startup, it's kind of a mess.

If it were me I'd try a fresh install of 8.1.39, restore the backup from 7.9, probably have to fix the ignition.conf to get it to start, then see what happens.

If that doesn't work give support a call and work with them.