• wrapper.java.maxmemory doesn't seem too high
  • port 8088 is available

Attached is the wrapper.log file

Any idea ?

Decreased wrapper.java.initmemory in the ignition.conf file

• from 1024 MB to 256 MB

Looks like java crash caused by RAM memory usage of the runtime

java.initmemory

This is honestly weird and a bit concerning, those 2 parameters should ideally be the same in order for Java to grab the memory it needs right from the get go.

What you did by modifiying the initmemory might very well just be temporary. At one point, Java might start using more memory and you might end up in the same situation as before.

I'd argue what you did is not an adequate solution.

EDIT: Just had a quick scan through your wrapper.log, it does say that Java did not manage to get the initial memory allocation of 1G, which means that if at some point after initialisation Java takes 1G of memory, your gateway will crash again.

1 Like

Good nisights @Samuel_Sueur . In fact the GW is deployed on an edge device who has limited memory : 4GB including all other programs. This java memory usage might be a good reason to switch to another system with more performance maybe ?

One other thing I'll point out is that it doesn't look to me like you're using the maker edition per the license agreement. Maker is ONLY for personal/home use, not for companies to use as demos, tests, etc. This is what the 2-hour trial is for, or if you get certified your company can get a development license for this purpose.

2 Likes