Gateway Faulted 7.9.10 > 8 Beta

Looking at moving current project from 7.9.10 to Ignition 8.
Tried upgrading the software and the Gateway remains Faulted.

Looking in the logs i found;

INFO | jvm 1 | 2019/03/04 11:04:17 | E [IgnitionGateway ] [01:04:17]: Error during context startup.
INFO | jvm 1 | 2019/03/04 11:04:17 | java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Receiver class org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper does not define or inherit an implementation of the resolved method abstract getSchema()Ljava/lang/String; of interface java.sql.Connection.

In my project I am using the Cirrus Link engine module and Kymera map panel module

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You probably need to update the MySQL driver. For better or for worse, when you upgrade or restore a .gwbk, we keep the JDBC drivers from the older system (in theory, to maintain compatibility after upgrade). Unfortunately, in 8.0 some very old JDBC drivers won’t work anymore due to Ignition 8 running on Java 11. See this page for more information on where to obtain a new JDBC driver:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/JDBC+Drivers+and+Translators#JDBCDriversandTranslators-UpgradingaJDBCDriver

Since your gateway can’t start up, you will need to go into the Ignition install directory, and in /user-lib/jdbc/ delete the MySQL driver that’s already there. Then your gateway should be able to start up, which will allow you to follow the ‘upgrade’ steps above.

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help.
I did manage to upgrade a simple 7.9.10 project to 8 beta yesterday afternoon.

I gave your suggestion a go and was unsuccessful.
I then noticed i was unable to install the Kymerra Map Panel and Cirrus MQTT Engine modules into ignition 8 Gateway.
With this i decided to delete these modules from my 7.9.10 project and give an upgrade another go.
Currently my project is working with ignition 8 beta.

Again, thanks for the quick response and suggestion.