Gateway Level Search/Replace

Is there a way to search/replace the entire gateway so that I don't have to do it in every project individually?

As far as I know, no.

If you don't have a ton of projects, maybe you could combine them one with different areas.

Or export the screens into a dev project, do the fine and replace then export them back to original projects. I don't think it will save you many clicks though.

No, because the gateway doesn't actually know how all resources (especially Vision windows) should be parsed and what they might contain. Doing so would require "exporting" all client and designer classes to the gateway.

In some future version of Ignition it might become possible to do this, but there's a lot of code written that assumes a given designer only has a single project open at a time, and it would also be very inefficient to effectively deserialize every single resource in every single project you have at once to support a 'global' search.

Depending on what you're trying to search for, you may get some utility out of the new-ish Tag Reference Tracker, but it doesn't offer any replacing - only the ability to find dynamic references to tags:

1 Like