Gateway License Key

Hi,

how to get the license key?

I looked inside object like IgnitionGateway and LicenseManager but i cannot find a method/property that provide access to the registered license key..

There isn't a public API for that.

On Ignition 8 gateway home page go to Config | Licensing and you'll find any details there.

Hi,

thanks for reply. There is another way to get that value on a label on a perspective page?

hi, i would like to have the license code on a perspective page component without write it manually each times.

That would be extremely unwise. Like publishing your phone's passcode in your social media profiles. Your gateway's license key is a key. Treat it accordingly.

Not only is this unwise, but it makes me wonder why?

Why would any user who doesn’t have access to the gateway config need this? What problem are you really trying to solve?

That would be extremely unwise.

So why in the gateway page there is a PAGE that show the ACTIVE license code? If i have rights to see license in that page why i cannot see it in another page?!?

Like publishing your phone's passcode in your social media profiles

Same as before. Noone is publishing the License code on a Social media.

Why would any user who doesn’t have access to the gateway config need this?
What problem are you really trying to solve?

I would like to show the License code in a custom page (Branding Customization) for documentary evidences.

So, i understand that is not possible and for me is enough.

Gateway security is distinct from Perspective security. Totally bogus equivalence.

I don't get this at all. Sorry.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply!